Unit 7: Review of Infinitives for Reasons
On a beach vacation, we need …
- a bathing suit to swim in.
- sunscreen to protect our skin (from the sun).
- a sleeping bag to sleep in.
- insect repellent to keep away/drive away bugs/insects
- a towel to dry ourselves.
- a toothbrush and toothpaste to brush out teeth.
- sandals to protect our feet.
- a map to find our way around.
- a tent to shield us from the wind and mosquitoes.
- some books to read.
- some water to drink.
- sandals to protect our feet from the hot sand.
- soap to wash our bodies.
- a volleyball to play with.
On a camping trip, we need …
- a flashlight to (be able to) see at night.
- a first-aid kit to treat injuries.
- (spare) batteries to power our flashlight.
- a tent to keep the rain off of us.
- insect repellent to keep bugs away.
- a sleeping bag to keep us warm when we sleep.
On a business trip, we need …
- money to buy things.
- a suitjacket and tie to look professional.
- a razor to shave your face.
- a suitcase to bring clothes in.
- a brush to brush your hair.
- makeup to look good.
- extra clothes to wear.
To stay overnight with a friend, we need …
- pajamas to sleep in/to wear when you sleep
- a toothbrush and toothpaste to brush your teeth.