* struggle – very hard to do something.
* suicide – the act of killing yourself deliberately.
* excessive – too much, too extreme.
* pyramid scheme – a non-sustainable business model that involves the exchange of money primarily for enrolling other people into the scheme, often without any product or service being delivered.
* prostitution – working as a whore who earns money by having sex with people.
A year’s tuition costs about 10 million won. Most university students have a burden of paying for tuition. So more and more students are taking leaves or absence, and they are struggling to pay for their tuition. It is hard for students to concentrate on their studies, because they have to work at part time jobs to pay for their tuition.Sometimes, a few students choose an extreme method – suicide because of the burden of paying for tuition. The main cause of increasing tuition is that Korea universities depend more on tuition than universities from other countries. This means that we are paying more because the government is paying less. Students efforts for earning tuition are excessive. There are various kinds of efforts such as pyramid schemes and prostitution etc. Like this, struggling to do part-time jobs is our reality instead of striving only for studying and self-improvement. We can hardly feel improvement of educational administration service, despite increasing tuition.
1. What is the reason that tuition is increasing?
2. What are the effects of high tuition?
3. What is the solution to the problem of high tuition?
4. Do you know what tuition costs in other countries?
5. What do you think about our school’s tuition?
6. By what methods have people demonstrated for lower tuition?
[Class#157, Group#6, Go Min Gu, Lee Soo Min, Jung Bo Ra, Jo Hyeon Jun]