Unit 7: Review of Infinitives for Reasons
On a beach vacation, we need …
– a bathing suit to swim in.
– sunscreen to protect our skin (from the sun).
– a sleeping bag to sleep in.
– insect repellent to keep away/drive away bugs/insects
– a towel to dry ourselves.
– a toothbrush and toothpaste to brush out teeth.
– sandals to protect our feet.
– a map to find our way around.
– a tent to shield us from the wind and mosquitoes.
– some books to read.
– some water to drink.
– sandals to protect our feet from the hot sand.
– soap to wash our bodies.
– a volleyball to play with.
On a camping trip, we need …
– a flashlight to (be able to) see at night.
– a first-aid kit to treat injuries.
– (spare) batteries to power our flashlight.
– a tent to keep the rain off of us.
– insect repellent to keep bugs away.
– a sleeping bag to keep us warm when we sleep.
On a business trip, we need …
– money to buy things.
– a suitjacket and tie to look professional.
– a razor to shave your face.
– a suitcase to bring clothes in.
– a brush to brush your hair.
– makeup to look good.
– extra clothes to wear.
To stay overnight with a friend, we need …
– pajamas to sleep in/to wear when you sleep
– a toothbrush and toothpaste to brush your teeth.