* define : (verb) to say what the meaning of something, especially a word, is
* palace : (noun) a large house that is the official home of a king, queen or other person of high social rank
* representative : (adjective) someone who speaks or does something officially for another person or group of people
* reputation : (noun) the opinion that people in general have about someone or something, or how much respect or admiration someone or something receives, based on past behaviour or character
* aspects : (noun) one part of a situation, problem, subject, etc.
: Our presentation is about the Korean Wave(Hallyu).
The Korean Wave(Hallyu) is defined as “the spread of South Korean culture around the wolrd.”
 First, These days, Korean dramas are watched in many countries like China, Japan, Thailand, Taiwan, etc. Winter Sonata, the Jewel in the palace and you’re handsome are representative dramas.
 There have also been Korean Wave of K-pop. For ecample, the Korean boy group Super Junior was at the top of thailand’s music charts for 52 weeks. Besides, many other Korea singers are popular in many other countries.
 Do you know Kim-Chi and Tae-Kwon-Do? These are Korean tranditional culture. These are getting a good reputation in the world.
 All these aspects of the Korean Wave are giving various positive effects to Korea. For example, Korea’s image has improved, increasing numbers of tourists and foreigners are more interested in Korea.
*  http://www.sisapress.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=55537
*  http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview.php?aid=2011090944651
*  http://imnews.imbc.com/replay/nwdesk/article/2940717_5780.html
*  http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2011091918053982298
4. discussion questions
① Do you think that the Korean Wave
causes a lot of effects in has a big effect on the world?
② Do you think that
the Korean culture is popular?
is are your favorite Hallyu stars?
④ Do you know in what countries K-pop music is really popular?
5. class # 125, group # 6, group members : Wu Yang-yang, Shin Yu-hee,
Kim Su-kyung, Kang Da-ae