* Class 28,
이창혁, 류인규, 이재헌, 전종현
Because of the 2014 world cup, world cup is a hot topic of conversation these day.
There are no winners in Asia and Africa. But there are many winners in Europe and South America. For example, Spain, Brazil, Italy etc.
Each World cup has a Different ball. The kind of balls are Jabulani, Teamgeist, Fevernova, Tricolor, and Questra. Jabulani means “Celebrate”. Jabulani has 11 color. This 11 color mean 11 player and the 11 languages of South Africa and the 11 tribes of South Africa. Jabulani’s special feature is a new and innovation technology. It is not plain form. It has a 8 solid 3-D panels. These panels are nearly globular shape. And these 3-D panels have grooves that warp around the ball. This grooves enable stable and accurating shooting. Teamgeist mean “Team sprit”. Its speacial feature is nearly similar rectangle. This ball’s color is black and white. Its symbolizes the German uniform. Teamgeist’s leather uses a coating. This effect is excellent rebounding, excellent ball touch, and accurate shooting. Fevernova is a Portmanteau of “Fever” and “Nova”. It’s feature is good repulsive force because of Air bubbles in the outer later. Also, This ball was the first ball with a tango design. Fevernova improves accuracy by improving the air resistance coeffect. It has of a 4 colors white, gold, red, khaki. Gold means Korea and japan power. Red fire image means Engine of grouth. Tricolor means three colors. This is blue, white, red. It is a symbol France’s flag. This is first color ball. Tricolor minimizes air resistance by smoothing the surface. As a result, shooting is faster. Tricolor uses syntactic form in order to increase repulsive force. Questra means that the bubble is injected. Questra has very improved torque and repulsive force.
There are many techniques in soccer. There are two type of techniques. The first is kicking techniques. For example, volley shoot, over head kick, back shoot, rabona kick, and scissors kick. The second is dribbling techniques. For example, cruyff turn, marseille turn, flip flap, heel shoot, and scissors. Kicking techniques are passing or shooting techniques. But dribbling techniques are for controlling the ball and getting past opposing player.
The world cup has many prizes: MVP, rookie of the year, Best goalkeeper, and so on. Forlan and Zidane were MVP in 2010 and 2006. Muller and Podolski were rookie of year in 2010 and 2006. Casillas and Buffon were Best goalkeeper in 2010 and 2006.
Now FIFA’s top ranked team is Spain, No.2 is Germany, No.3 is Uruguay, and No.4 is the Netherlands. Korea is No.31.
1. What do you think about people’s passion for the World cup?
2. How far do you think korea can go in the next World cup (in 2014)?
3. Do you like World cup? If you like or don’t, Why?
1. Technique- A particular or special way of doing something
2. Accurate- correct or exact
3. innovation- a new idea or method that is being tried for the first time, or the use of such ideas or methods.
4. repulsive- extremely unpleasant, especially to look at;
5. coefficient- a value, in mathematics, that appears in front of and multiplies another value
This vocabulary will be on Written Test #2:
1. accurate: (adjective) correct or exact
2. innovation: (noun) a new idea or method that is being tried for the first time, or the use of such ideas or methods
3. repulsive: (adjective) makes things move away from each other
This discussion question will be on the Final Speaking Test:
Do you like the World Cup of soccer? Why or why not?