1. beginner: Someone who is starting to do or learn something for the first time
2. expert: someone who has a lot of skill in something or a lot of knowledge about something
3. solitary: A solitary person or thing is the only person or thing in a place
4. imaginary: not real but imagined in your mind
5. combat: a fight between two people or things
Our presentation is about Tae-kwon-do.
Tae-kwon-do is the oldest Korean traditional martial art and one of the national sports of Korea. Many Korean children learn Tae-kwon-do because it is easy to learn for everyone. Tae-kwon-do players wear an uniform that is called “Do-bok”. It has a colored belt. The colored belt shows their ranks in Tae-kwon-do. There are many types of colored belts such as white, yellow, orange, green, violet, blue, brown, red and black. The white belt shows that he is a beginner. And the black belt shows that he is an expert.
There are two types of Tae-kwon-do.
One is Pum-sae. It is solitary exercise. Players fight an imaginary enemy. Pum-sae is similar to shadowboxing. The types of Pum-sae are Tae-keuk, Go-ryeo, Geum-gang, Tae-baek, Pyeong-won, Sip-jin, Ji-tae, Cheon-kwon, Han-soo and Il-yeo. Tae-keuk is done by beginners. The others are done by experts. 
The other is combat. It is competition between two players. Combat players wear protection that is called “Ho-gu”. Wearing protection is to protect the head, trunk and foot. These days, players use the electronic Ho-gu in order to be judged exactly.
There are two types of fighting techniques. One is offensive techniques. Those are punching, thrusting with hands and kicking. Kicking is a very important in offensive technique. The types of kicking are a front kick, turning kick, side kick and etc. Among these things, turning kick is the most powerful technique.
The other is defensive techniques. Those are low blocks and trunk blocks with one’s hand shaped like a knife.
Tae-kwon-do players meditate for mental training. Tae-kwon-do is not only good for physical health, but mental health.
1. What is your favorite martial art? Why?
2. Are you interested in Tae-kwon-do? Why or why not?
3. What do you think about Tae-kwon-do as an official Olympic sport?
Class 59, Group 1, 오승환(12072264), 이광호(12130867), 이진우(12131580), 조성준(12130901)