I’m good at playing chess and skiing and writing poetry
I don’t like to bake cakes or play the guitar or listen to rock music.
Answers will vary.
feel: better, sick
stay: home, in bed
take: a break, medicine
be, feel, get sick
get, have allergies
do, get, have a checkup
be, feel, get stressed
do, get exercise
get, have a headache
be, get, go, stay, take home
be, feel, get, stay in shape
get, have, take a vacation
get, have a cough
be, feel, get, stay healthy
be, get, go to, have, see a doctor
Page 18, Exercise 1, Parts B and C
rockman — outdoors
daisylady — arts and crafts
moneymaker — fashion/arts and crafts
Answers — Also, which word(s) in each message tell you?
sell, flea market
make, pottery, creative
creating, cards, handmade
Page 28, Exercise 1, Part C
1. Some people stop exercising and eating well because they can’t exercise, eat healthy foods, and manage stress all at once.
They have an “all-or-nothing” approach.
2. The article mentions meditation as a relaxation technique.
3. Some examples of healthy snacks are fruits and nuts.
4. When you eat fast food, you can order something light, go easy on the dressings, and add a healthy side dish.
5. To get more exercise, you can take the stairs instead of the elevator.
Take a walk.
6. A cool, quiet, dark room can help you get a good night’s sleep.
Don’t watch TV before going to sleep.