On the first day of class, I carefully went over my syllabus with you.
Let me remind you about my attendance policy.
– 12 hours absent = Fail (F)
– 3 lates = 1 absent
– 20 minutes late = absent
– using cell-phone = late
– forget pen/pencil, textbook, notebook, or folder = late
– sleeping in class = absent
* 4 Acceptable Excuses for Absences (all require documentation):
1. went to the hospital
The Korean word 병원 can be translated as “hospital” or as “clinic”/”doctor’s office.”
If you have a cold or the flu, you go to a clinic/doctor’s office.
If you have cancer or a knife in your chest, you go to the hospital.
I only accept going to the hospital.
2. family member died
3. military service (e.g. physical examination)
4. You have a job already (not a job interview or a job offer).
* Unacceptable Excuses for Absences:
– everything else
You will not be excused for any reasons except for the four that I described before.
For any other reasons, you have to discuss with me after class.
Also, if you are late, you must make sure that I mark you “late” and not “absent.” Is it your responsibility.